Our Fundraisers and Challenges 2023/2024:
18 – 19 May 2024
Join 3,000 adventurers of all experience levels & ages and Walk, Jog or Run the spectacular Jurassic Coast – a World Heritage Site.
Choose from the full 100km challenge, 75km, a 50km half challenge, a 25km quarter, Jurassic Marathon or even a 10km distance – with full support, food and drinks throughout.
As Dorset Mind are an official partner on this event, you get a 50% discount on the ‘Full Sponsorship’ registration fee.
24 March 2024
Whatever your running ability – fun or competitive, there’s a race for you.
Set against the backdrop of Bournemouth’s famous seven-mile stretch of golden sand choose from a variety of distances and enjoy the fantastic views as you walk, jog or run along the South’s premier coastline!
Choose between a Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and 1k kids fun run to go your distance. Wheelchair entries encouraged!
Choose your own date!
OR Join us on 6 April 2024 & 5 Oct 2024!
Take on the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE and Skydive from 10,000 or 15,000ft!
We’ve teamed up with the professionals at GoSkydive in Salisbury to offer this exhilarating bucket-list activity that will satisfy thrill-seekers and people wanting to do something amazing for Dorset’s mental health!
> Sign up for JUST £50
> Choose your height: 10,000 or 15,000ft
> Minimum sponsorship: £500 / £750
Register your own challenge
Do you have an idea of how you’d like to fundraise for us?
We’d love to hear all about it, so that we can support your efforts every step of the way…
We just need a few details from you – please click the ‘Register Now’ button below.
We hope you enjoy your fundraising journey with us! If you have any questions, check out our FAQs below, or select ‘Fundraising & Events’ on our Contact Page.
Give monthly via Direct Debit
Support local mental health support and services long term, by signing up to monthly direct debit of £10 or more for a period of at least 12 months.
Over a year your donation could provide Active Monitoring 121 guided support for six weeks; or provide eight sessions for an adult, of mentoring and goal setting.
Plus grab a FREE ‘HOPE’ T-shirt when you sign up*
1. Decide how you would like to fundraise.
Sometimes deciding what you want to do can be the hardest part! You can take part in one of our organised Fundraising Events or Challenges or organise your own.
If you’re organising your own fundraiser, we’d love to hear about it. Fill out this short ‘Registration Form’ to let us know what you’re up to.
And don’t forget to tag @TeamDorsetMind on instagram for even more support!
2. Create your online giving page
Make it personal, take lots of pics and films to motivate people to support you and set a target.
3. Get sharing 🙂
Sharing you fundraising journey with your friends and family online is the most effective way to increase your fundraising. It helps them feel involved and keeps them interested in your efforts!
Yes absolutely – we’d love to support your and your colleagues as a team. Some of our challenges are perfect for this – or you can create your own fundraiser ideas!
Have a look at our Corporate Partnerships page for more ways to support us in your workplace.
Dorset Mind cannot accept liability for any event organised on our behalf.
- You must get relevant permission and licences for collecting:
On public land – contact your local council for a license.
On private property – seek permission from the owner.
- Licences may also apply to raffles, lotteries, sweepstakes, sale of alcohol, entertainment and putting up signs/banners – Contact your local council to seek guidance.
- Complete health and safety checks along with a risk assessment is essential, find out more here.
- An event management plan may also be necessary for larger events.
- If your event involves the public you will need to have public liability insurance. It’s always a good idea to check with the venue what their insurance covers. You can compare prices for insurance online.
- If you are collecting cash in Dorset Mind collection tins, please return these UNOPENED (as per the Charity Commission Guidelines) to our head office to be opened and counted securely.
- We advise you pay us your cash donations via bank transfer. If you cannot do this, you are welcome to drop in to us in the office, please pre arrange a time to ensure the cash arrives safely and is secured in the safe immediately.
See our ‘How to pay in donations’ FAQ for further info.
- You may also need to consider first aid for your event, you can find more information on this here.
- Food standards and safety information can be found here.
We’d love to support you as much as we can.
Here’s how: ✅ Leaflets ✅ Pens ✅ Borrow our banner ✅ Collection tins/buckets
❌ Sorry, we don’t stock balloons.
Raise over £50 and we’ll send you a super-duper Fundraising Hero t-shirt!
You can also find a range of Fundraising Downloads here to support your event or challenge.
Yes – we can create you your own unique text code to boost your fundraising.
To contact us, please select ‘Fundraising & Events’ in our Contact form, and someone from the fundraising team will get back to you to set this up for you.
Don’t worry this is easy to fix. First thing you’ll need to do is:
- Email National Mind’s fundraising team ([email protected]) and copy our fundraising team in ([email protected]). Please explain that you didn’t realise the difference between supporting Dorset Mind and National Mind and would much prefer your donations to stay local.
- Once you’ve had the go-ahead from National Mind, send a link and screenshot of your fundraising page to Dorset Mind (we will then deal directly with Mind to transfer over your funds).
- Close your fundraising page and set up a new one for Dorset Mind.
Sharing you fundraising journey with your friends and family online is the most effective way to increase your fundraising.
1. On social media:
- Upload your photos and videos along the way, it reminds people of your upcoming event (and don’t forget to wear your Fundraising Superhero t-shirt!)
- Refer to your target – and how close you are
- Use ALL of your social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Add to your stories as well as your main page
- Update your fundraising page with your progress and photos
- Tag @TeamDorsetMind and @dorsetmind in all your updates – note that we’re @dorsetmindofficial on Facebook.
2. Contact your local press
Although it may seem daunting, contacting your local radio station or newspaper could increase your donations and help you reach your target.
It also helps by raising awareness of Dorset Mind and the work we do across Dorset.
Contact their news desk – this information is usually available online. For example, Dorset Echo has a contact list that is specific to the department/location.
This all depends on how you have decided to fundraise for us:
1. Have you set up your own fundraiser?
Then the answer is no, but you can set your own target – this helps encourage your supporters to donate more
2. Have you signed up to one of our challenges?
You most likely have a target to reach to ensure we can pay for your place.
If you registered for a place with us and paid our registration fee, this is non-refundable and your registration fee will be kept as a donation to Dorset Mind.
If you are an ‘own-place’ participant having purchased your place directly from the race organisers instead then you might be able to get a refund, but you will have to speak directly to the organisers who will make the decision.
JustGiving is a fantastic way to fundraise for charity; its online system is very user-friendly and the money is transferred directly to us. Over the years JustGiving has helped raise £1.5billion for charities. However, there is a cost for using this excellent service and therefore refunding individuals who have sponsored you would actually cost Dorset Mind more money.
Whilst we are sorry that you are no longer able to be part of #TeamDorsetMind we hope that your generous friends and family are happy for their support to be kept as a donation.
Thank you! You’ve done an amazing job raising vital funds to help us support local people in Dorset with their mental health.
The next step is to pay in your money – there’s a variety of ways.
Here’s how to do it:
Please make them payable to ‘Dorset Mind’ and send them to us at:
The Fundraising Department,
8 Stratfield Saye,
20-22 Wellington Road,
Dorset. BH8 8JN.
Bank Transfer/ BACs –
Use your online banking to pay monthly directly to us, with the following details:
Account Name: Dorset Mind
Account Number: 00012917
You’re welcome to bring your cash donations to our Bournemouth Headquarters – but please contact us beforehand to ensure we’re in the office! Select ‘Fundraising & Events’ on our contact form.
Sponsorship form –
You can return your donations to us with a sponsorship form, this can be sent to us by selecting ‘Fundraising & Events’ on our contact form or posting to the above address.
Online Fundraising –
Online fundraising platforms (Just Giving, Virgin Money Giving, Facebook) automatically send your donations to us.
Please gift aid your donation so Dorset Mind can claim and extra 25% on all your donations, by filling in the Dorset Mind Gift Aid Declaration form.
Our policy, as with many other charities, is that Gift Aid is not included in sponsorship targets. If you need help with your sponsorship, please get in touch by selecting ‘Fundraising & Events’ in our contact form.
Want to fundraise as a company?
Get your workplace involved by entering our challenges as a team, or even create your own fundraiser. Find out how we can offer to support your company fundraiser and much more.
It was a great experience supporting Dorset Mind and I encourage you to follow my example supporting a great charity and having an amazing experience!
Bruce Skydive Fundraiser, May 2023
It was so exhilarating and as soon as I landed I wanted to go back up and do it all again.
-Ellie, Skydiving Fundraiser, 2022
If you’re anxiety ridden and want to feel as though you can conquer the world I highly recommend signing up for this experience.
-Melanie, Skydiving Fundraiser, 2022
I am currently in training to run the London Vitality 10k run in May and every penny I raise I feel it every step I run, what a great motivator. The London Vitality 10k run in May and every penny I raise I feel it every step I run, what a great motivator.
– Marie-Clare, Move your Mind & The Vitality 10,000
Online Giving (at no extra cost to you)
Facebook Birthday Fundraiser
Why not set up a Facebook Fundraiser for your birthday – or even for a Challenge? It’s very easy to set up – just follow this link and don’t forget to select ‘Dorset Mind’ when prompted.
Easy fundraising turns your everyday online shopping into FREE donations for Dorset Mind. They are the UK’s biggest charity fundraising site.
How can you get involved? Sign up and start your online shopping across 3000+ retailers.
Ebay buyers and sellers can support Dorset Mind by adding a donation during checkout or donating a percentage of their sales.
Volunteer for us
Without our volunteers we simply couldn’t do what we do. Our volunteers are the backbone of our charity. Dorset Mind volunteers help us deliver our mental health support services across our vast county in a variety of roles across the charity. We offer voluntary positions that suit the times you’re able to commit – and your level of experience.