There are currently VERY FEW youth services specifically designed to support Young People’s mental health in Dorset. UK research says that 1 in 10 young people are in desperate need of help. Our research tells us this number is higher.
What are we doing about it?
In order to support young people aged 11 to 25 in the local area
with mental health problems we have developed a number of education programmes and support options across Dorset.
How much will it cost?
We estimate the cost of setting up these services and running them for up to five years to be in excess of £1,117,000
|‘Dorset Mind Your Head’ includes:
- Awareness raising campaigns in schools: so that having a conversation about mental health is normal and easy
- Education Programmes in schools: so that students know what is good mental health and what isn’t, how to build resilience and stay mentally health and what to do when difficulties arise
- Drop-in sessions in schools: to answer difficult questions and signpost to the right support
- Befriending: 1-2-1 help to build resilience, reduce isolation and empower students really struggling
- Counselling: 1-2-1 help to deal with difficulties
- Telephone / email signposting: to make sure students get help from the right places
- On-line forums: to provide a safe place to talk about mental health
- Ambassadors: to train and support role models for good mental health and recovery from difficulties
|[thermometer raised=35695 target=1117000 width=120px align=right currency=£ alt=’Raised £35695′ sep=, trailing=false]
Please help us provide this important mental health education and support
for young people by fundraising, volunteering with us or supporting us with grants.
How you can support the ‘Dorset Mind Your Head’ Youth Services appeal
To support our appeal, please visit justgiving.com/dorset-mind/youthservices
or click here to see other ways to support us.
Make a difference today.
You can text DMYS11 £10
to donate £10 (or different amount) to Dorset Mind Youth Services. JustTextGiving by Vodafone.
Click here for the Dorset Mind Young People’s Services leaflet