Where can you find us today?
We’re taking parts in three awareness events today – in the north, west and east of the county.
Here’s where you’ll find us:
- Bridport Town Hall – we’re supporting the ‘And Breathe… Bridport’ event, alongside other organisations – created by our friends at Harmony Mental Health.
- Shaftesbury Library – we’ve a drop-in information and signposting session at Shaftesbury Library from 10am to 12pm. Come and say hello to Emma!
- Bournemouth University – alongside our friends at Citizens Advice BCP, Bournemouth Samaritans and Bournemouth Churches Housing Association (BCHA) – who deliver the University Retreat, we’re providing signposting and information at the Atrium Cafe, Poole House at the Talbot Campus.
Special thanks to all our hosts and in particular Layne Hamerston for helping organise the awareness event at Bournemouth University for us!
Cost of living resources and support:
- Dorset Mind
- Dorset Council
- BCP Council
- Citizens Advice
- National Debt Line Support: Call 0808 808 4000 Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm; and on Saturdays 9.30am to 1pm.
Support for you – or a friend…
If you or someone you know is having a hard time and struggling with their mental health, there are organisations on hand to listen, day or night.
These contacts are open 24/7:
- Call Connection – Dorset’s NHS mental health helpline – NHS 111
- Call Samaritans – on-hand to help, however big or small the problem – 116 123
- Text ‘SHOUT’ to 85258 for confidential support via text message
For additional resources visit our crisis page here.
Please support our work
Dorset Mind is a self-funded local charity that helps people in Dorset experiencing mental health problems access the vital support they need. The charity is at the very heart of our communities shaping futures, changing and in some cases literally saving lives.