- The promoter of the Winter Raffle (the “Raffle”) is Dorset Mind, registered charity number 1108168.
- Participation in the Raffle costs a minimum of £1 per raffle ticket (£2 minimum spend).
- Tickets will be available from Thursday 24th November 2022 till 1pm Tuesday 31st January 2023.
- The Raffle is open to all residents of Great Britain (which comprises England, Scotland and Wales, and excludes Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man), who are aged 18 years or over.
- Employees of the Charity, their families, agents or any third party directly not directly associated with the administration of the Raffle are permitted to enter this Raffle.
- Employees of the Charity directly associated to the administration of the Raffle are NOT permitted to enter this Raffle.
- The Charity reserves the right to undertake age verification on any person participating in the Raffle.
- If a Ticket is unknowingly sold to, on behalf, or for a person under the age of 18, or an individual is unable to successfully complete age verification checks, they will be exempt from the Raffle, will forfeit their prize, and the stake will be returned.
- The winners will be chosen by random draw from all of the entrants in the Raffle at the Charity’s HQ in Bournemouth, in a secure and open environment, on 31st January 2023.
- The Charity accepts no responsibility if the chosen method of payment is cancelled in error.
- No responsibility is taken for Tickets and/or payments which are lost, damaged, illegible or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event, beyond the Charity’s reasonable control, which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
- The Charity reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Closing date to purchase tickets is 1pm on 31st January 2023. Tickets received after this date will not be entered in the Raffle, but the payment will be treated as a donation unless expressly stated otherwise by the sender.
- Payment for participation in the Raffle can only be made online via the designated Just Giving ‘Winter Raffle’ page.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions upon entry. The Charity reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- All entries sent in response to the Raffle will be thanked via email when entered online.
- Your Tickets will be entered into the draw as soon as the whole payment is received.
- Monies raised by the Charity in the Raffle will support the work of Dorset Mind.
- The Charity reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- The prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferable
- The prizes are subject to change and availability. The prizes cannot be exchanged for the equivalent monetary value.
- The Charity reserves the right to replace the prizes with alternative prizes of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Charity’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Charity, or its agents will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept liability for any loss or damage occurring as a result of taking up their prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Charity, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude the Charity’s liability for fraud, personal injury or death, which after investigation is found to have been howsoever caused by the Charity.
- The result of the Raffle is final. If you wish to make a complaint, the Charity do operate a Complaints Procedure.
- By entering Dorset Mind’s winter raffle you agree to be contacted for marketing purposes. You can opt-out at any time.
- Winners will be notified directly by the Charity via email.
- Winners will receive their prize following confirmation of their email and or residential postal address in Great Britain, which includes a valid postcode (“Valid Postal Address”). Prizes will be posted to winners as soon as practicably possible. Winners will be kept apprised of the delivery expectations. The Charity accepts no responsibility for the prize being lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
- Winners may be required to provide proof of age. If satisfactory evidence is requested but not provided within three months of the request for proof of age, then the prize will be forfeited and the Charity will be entitled to select another winner.
- In the event that winners cannot be contacted within three months the Charity will distribute the prize appropriately.
- The winners may be asked to participate in publicity related to the Raffle (over and above what is outline in clause 48 above), which may include the publication of their name and/or photograph in any media. Winners have the right to choose not to participate in publicity.
- These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim between the parties arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
In line with the Gambling Act 2005 objectives, Birmingham Mind are committed to promoting open and responsible gambling. Our lotteries aim to:
- Encourage fair and open play;
- Protect the young and the vulnerable.
If you have any concerns about raffles or gambling, National Gambling helpline provides support and information. You can contact them via the website, begambleaware.org or by calling 0808 8020 133.