This course aims to address and reduce the stigma that exists around Suicide.
Together, we will explore how to notice the signs and symptoms, appropriate language to use and how to ask open questions. You’ll learn how to support someone you believe may be having suicidal thoughts.
The course explores specific support and the feelings surrounding grief through Suicide. You will also learn where to signpost to, that will best support someone who may be struggling.
Key Themes Explored:
- Address and reduce the stigma that exists around suicide.
- Notice signs of suicidal thoughts and actions.
- Ask open questions about suicide and the most appropriate language to use.
- Support someone experiencing suicidal thoughts.
- Access specific support and the feelings surrounding grief through suicide.
- Signpost and other support.
The course is suitable for :
People managers who want to:
- Become aware of how mental ill health may be impacting their team members or themselves, both in and out of the workplace.
- Explore how stigma and common misconceptions about suicide may impact conversations about suicide, in and out of the workplace.
- Become more confident about talking about suicide with team members.
Employees who want to:
- Better understand how Suicide may impact themselves and others, in and out of the workplace.
- Gain confidence in talking about Suicide with others.
Please bare in mind that this course covers sensitive topics and may not be suitable for people currently experiencing mental health distress
If there is something specific you would like us to cover in a bespoke package,
we are happy to work with you to create this training.
A good starter to having the conversation about suicide. Not too heavy even though it’s a heavy subject. It focuses a lot on discussion and people’s own thoughts which makes it engaging.
– Understanding Suicide Course delegate, January 2022
Course delegate, January 2022
The session felt safe and encouraged challenging discussions.
Marie-Clare was clear, compassionate and engaging through out.
Did you know you can sponsor a training session?
This means that we can offer our expert training to people that need mental health support in our community for FREE. If you’d like to sponsor a presentation delivered by our Training Team then get in touch – We’d love to hear from you!