**BOOK ONLINE NOW VIA OUR SHOP**
Why book with us?
Booking your training with Dorset Mind Works helps us provide vital support services to help local people with their mental health. Any profit we make helps financially secure the future of our charity and helps enable us to deliver our mission. You are therefore helping to support people in your community – and potentially someone you might know!
What is Mental Health First Aid Training?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is nationally recognised training. Employees can undertake it to compliment your company’s overall wellbeing strategy – whether that be in conjunction with our Dorset Mind Works Packages or in isolation. Additionally, it provides all attendees with a deeper insight and understanding of mental health.
As an approved Mental Health First Aid Instructor Member, we offer an online evidence-based interactive digital learning course that helps to raise awareness and develop skills. Our course empowers people to notice signs of mental ill health, and encourage them to break down barriers, listen in a non-judgemental way, and signpost to support for recovery.
Become a qualified Mental Health First Aider:
This online course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
Cost: £250 per person – please note we are limited to 16 people per session.
**Keyworkers including teachers benefit from 20% Discount (ID must be proven beforehand)**
Your fee includes a MHFA manual, workbook, e-certificate and a pocket size action card for each attendee.