What is Mental Health First Aid Training?
Mental Health First Aid is a brand of nationally recognised training employees can undertake to compliment your company’s overall wellbeing strategy – whether that be in conjunction with our Dorset Mind Works Packages or in isolation.
Delivered by our accredited Mental Health First Aid Trainer, we offer two evidence-based interactive digital learning courses that help to raise awareness and develop skills. Our courses empower people to notice signs of mental ill health, and encourage them to break down barriers, listen in a non-judgemental way, and signpost to support for recovery.
Become a qualified Mental Health First Aider:
This 2-day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
Cost: JUST £220 per person – please note we are limited to 12 people per session.
Your fee includes a MHFA manual, workbook and an e-certificate for each attendee. Teas and coffee will be provided on both days.
Mental Health First Aid Refresher
This 1-day course is for qualified Mental Health First Aiders to refresh and/or maintain their skills and knowledge.
It’s recommended that Mental Health First Aiders attend a Refresher course every three years. Just like physical first aid, updating skills and knowledge allows people to carry out this important workplace role with confidence – and most importantly, with safety.
The 4-hour Refresher course will support your Mental Health First Aiders by:
- Renewing their skills
- Updating their knowledge of mental health support
- Giving them the chance to practice applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
By enabling your Mental Health First Aiders to refresh their skills, as physical first aiders do, will demonstrate your organisation’s commitment to treating mental health and physical health equally. Investing in the course will reassure companies that their Mental Health First Aiders can perform their role safely and effectively.
Why book with us?
Booking your training with us helps us provide vital support services to help local people with their mental health. Any profit we make helps financially secure the future of our charity and helps enable us to deliver our mission. You are therefore helping to support people in your community – and potentially someone you might know!