Mental Health Awareness
Aim: This course aims to raise awareness of mental health, and to understand and recognise the causes, symptoms and support options for a range of common and less-common mental health problems. Who’s it for? This course is for anyone who would like a better understanding of mental health conditions. What’s covered?
- What we mean by mental health and mental distress
- Different models of mental health – medical, social, psychological, biopsychosocial, recovery, 5 ways to wellbeing
- The common mental health conditions: signs and symptoms, causes, treatment and support of anxiety, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorder, eating disorders and depression
- The less-common and more severe mental health conditions: signs and symptoms, causes, treatment and support of ptsd, personality disorders, dissociation disorders, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
- How age, gender and ethnicity impact on our experience of mental health
This course is a full day course.
17th Jan – Mental Health Awareness – Full Day
Cost: £75 – All the above courses are held at our Head Office near Bournemouth bus and train stations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.