- Sorry, this product cannot be purchased.
Tour de Dorset
Out of stock
Beryl, the bike share provider across Bournemouth Poole and Christchurch is running their annual fundraiser coinciding with the greatest cycling event on earth, the Tour de France! This year they have nominated Dorset Mind as its official fundraising partner in BCP, so help us raise as much money as we can!
Simply cycle as far as you can between 26th June and 18th July
Prizes will be up for grabs for entrants 13+ who log their hours via our Strava challenge.
How to get involved:
1. Add this item to your basket, pay your entry fee (Adults £5, Ages 13-16 £2.50 and free for under 13’s) with an optional Beryl merchandise bag available for £5, all proceeds going to Dorset Mind and fill in your details.
2. Once registered you will receive an invite to join Beryl’s Strava Challenge. (Please note that logging your rides is optional, and will allow you to win prizes*, in order to use Strava you must be 13 years and above to register for an account).
3. No bike but still want to raise money?! No problem! Simply tick the box when signing up, and you will receive access to one of ten Beryl Bikes completely free between 26th June until July 18th. (Please note that these will be issued on a first come first served basis, and you will receive an email from Beryl containing your voucher code the day before, you also must have a Beryl account and the app downloaded in order to access the bike)
4. Get sponsored via Dorset Mind’s Just Giving page
5. Get social and share all of your wonderful achievements @berylbikes and @dorsetmind #TeamDorsetMind
Entries will close at 12 noon on Thursday 24th June
Furthest distance Adults 17+:
1st place: Beryl Laserlight light
2nd prize: Beryl Pixel light
3rd prize: Beryl 100 minute bundles
Furthest distance Ages 13 – 16:
1st place: 1 hour session at Tunnel Tree Tops + A Giant Compel ARX Youth Helmet
2nd place: 1 hour session at Tunnel Tree Tops + A Giant Compel ARX Youth Helmet
3rd place: 1 hour session at Tunnel Tree Tops + A Wakey Wakey ART’s bundle
Bonus prizes for:
Biggest fundraiser – Beryl Laserlight light worth £125
Best view from Strava photos – Beryl Pixel light worth £19.99
HUGE thanks to the local superstar companies who have donated these prizes
@Berylbikes * www.beryl.cc
From the Sandbanks ferry terminal to Hengistbury Head, get a lungful of fresh sea air as you explore Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch on two wheels. With Beryl Bays positioned at key attractions, transport hubs and workplaces throughout the city, you’ll always find a bike nearby.
A new not-for-profit organisation, whose primary aim is to bring creative opportunities to young people experiencing inhibited personal progression, due to adverse external factors
@tunneltreetops * www.tunneltreetops.co.uk
The Tunnel Tree Tops is a brand new high ropes trekking course, designed for all the family! This action packed course is situated at The Tunnel woodlands just outside the town of Charmouth in West Dorset. The course is sited in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and only 2 miles away from the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site.
@cyclepathspoole * www.cycle-paths.co.uk
Any questions? email email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
All proceeds to go to Dorset Mind.
Whilst not compulsory, wishing to be considered for prizes, participants must log their rides on Strava and join the Tour de Dorset Strava club, in order to qualify for category prizes (the only exception to this is the ‘biggest fundraiser’)
In order to qualify for prizes, a rider must cycle within the county of Dorset, at least once during the 23 days
The maximum number of prizes that can be won by an individual (in the distance categories) is one
All rides must be outdoors in order to qualify for category prizes. Entrants can log rides on turbo trainers/stationary bikes for the purposes of completing this challenge, but these will not be added to the rider’s leaderboard total and will not count towards category prizes
Dorset Mind or Beryl staff members can enter but will not be eligible to win prizes
All entrants must adhere to the Highway Code, at all times, while taking part in this event
All entrants must adhere to Government Covid-19 restrictions/guidance if still in place
All entrants should wear a cycling helmet, take appropriate safety precautions (suitable clothing, lights, etc.) & ensure that their bike is roadworthy before taking part in this event
Rides must take place between 12.00am on Saturday 26th June & 11.59pm on Sunday 18th July 2021 to qualify for the challenge
You agree to cycle and participate at your own risk and have considered any underlying health conditions prior to participating
You are participating at your own risk, therefore Beryl or Dorset Mind are not responsible for accidents or incidents experienced during your rides
Children are permitted to enter but children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult, parent, guardian or carer
Riders using a Beryl bike are insured by our public liability insurance in the event of an accident, and riders must be 16+
Upon registering you agree to be contacted by Dorset Mind and Beryl for event information, marketing and prize-giving purposes