- You cannot add "Mental Health First Aid (Adult) - 10/17/24/31 January 2022" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Mental Health First Aid (Adult) – 4/11/18/25 May
Course: Online Adult Mental Health First Aid
Session 1: Tuesday 4th May, 18:00-21:00
Session 2: Tuesday 11th May, 18:00-21:00
Session 3: Tuesday 18th May, 18:00-21:00
Session 4: Tuesday 25th May, 18:00-21:00
How: Blended Learning (instructor led and self-learning) using MHFA online learning hub
Format: 4 x live 3-hour sessions + self-paced individual learning
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course that teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
Using a blend of instructor-led live sessions and self-learning activities, you will:
- Develop practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Gain confidence to reassure and support a person in distress
- Learn how to guide them to further support for recovery
Completing this MHFA course will help you to develop the skills to support a friend, family member or co-worker.
As a qualified Mental Health First Aider you will be able to:
- Understand the important factors that affect mental ill health
- Identify the signs and symptoms for a range of mental health conditions
- Provide Mental Health First Aid to someone experiencing a mental health issue or crisis
- Listen non-judgmentally and hold supportive conversations using the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Signpost people to professional help. You’ll recognise that your role as a Mental Health First Aider does not replace the need for ongoing support
The online Mental Health First Aid course consists of self-learning activities completed at your own pace on our dedicated online learning hub, as well as 4 x live 3-hour sessions with your experienced Dorset Mind MHFA Instructor and training group.
20% Discount for Keyworkers:
> If you’re a Keyworker (including Teachers), take advantage of 20% DISCOUNT by emailing us proof of this* at firstname.lastname@example.org – we’ll give you a code to add to your basket!
*Proof of ID could be a photocopy or scanned photo of an ID badge or a headed letter from you employer.
|Do I need to attend all 4 of the live sessions?||
YES. You will be unable to qualify as a mental health first aider unless you attend all 4 of the live sessions and complete all of the required self-paced individual learning. If you miss a session and would like a catch-up 1-2-1 session to cover the session missed an extra charge will apply.
|Can I book more than 1 space on the same course for my employees?||
YES. You can book up to 6 places for a group of employees. If you would like to train a larger group of employees at Mental Health First Aiders please contact MHFA@dorsetmind.uk to book in a course.
|Can I book on to a course as an individual or do I need to book through an employer?||
YES. We welcome individual bookings on our courses.
|How many people will be on my course?||
We require a minimum of 6 delegates on the course to make it viable. Courses will have a maximum of 16 delegates.
|Is the course delivered on Zoom?||
NO, it uses Enabley, the MHFA England online learning hub. Its functionality is similar to that of Zoom and Teams.
|What happens if I find the course content too much?||
When you book a course with us it is important that you feel safe and able to explore mental health health issues including depression, suicide, anxiety, self-harm, eating disorders and psychosis with out it having a significant impact on your own mental wellbeing. The topics we explore can be emotive and we will support you if you need to take a short break in one of the live sessions.