Mental Health Awareness – 5th May 2021
Wednesday 5th May 6pm – 8.30pm
Using a blended learning approach of self-led pre + post course learning activities, and live interactive online group training
1x live 2.5 hour session + self-paced individual learning
Out of stock
This blended learning course increases delegates’ mental health awareness. Delegates will explore their own mental health and the impact it has on their lives in and out of the workplace. The role of stigma and misconceptions about mental ill-health on our willingness to talk openly about mental health will be discussed. The language that we use in our conversations about mental health and that we see in the media.
This training encourages delegates to explore what is happening for them, as well as what may be happening in their colleagues work and personal lives.
Key Themes explored in the training:
- Current mental health concerns.
- The role stigma plays in our understanding and treatment of mental health.
- Common misconceptions about mental ill-health.
- The importance of talking about mental health.
- The language used to talk openly and non judgmentally about mental health.
- The signs and symptoms of common mental health problems.
The course is suitable for:
People managers who want to:
- Become more aware of how mental ill-health may be impacting their team members or themselves both in and out of the workplace.
- Explore how stigma and common misconceptions about mental ill health may impact conversations about mental ill-health in and out of the workplace.
- Become more confident about talking about mental health with team members.
Employees who want to:
- Better understand how mental ill health may impact them and others in and out of the workplace.
- Recognise how stigma and common misconceptions about mental ill-health impact the conversations we have about mental health.
- Gain confidence in talking about mental ill-health with others.
Using a blended learning approach of self-led pre + post course learning activities, and live interactive online group training. You will:
- Reflect on your own mental health journey.
- Understand the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on mental wellbeing.
- Recognise the factors that stop us talking about mental health and understand why we need to have conversations about mental health.
- Appreciate the potential power of talking about mental health.
- Consider how stigma influences how we talk about mental health.
- Explore the language we use to discuss mental health and gain confidence in having effective and compassionate conversations about mental health.
- Be able to spot the signs and symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Better understand what it feels like to have depression or anxiety.
- Be better able to use Wellness Action Plans to support mental ill-health and recovery.
- Be better able to achieve balance through ‘The Five Ways to Wellbeing’.
|Can I book more than 1 space on the same course for my employees?||
YES. You can book up to 6 places for a group of employees. If you would like to train a larger group of employees please contact email@example.com to book in a course
|Can I book on to a course as an individual or do I need to book through an employer?||
YES. We welcome individual bookings on our courses.
|How many people will be on my course?||
We require a minimum of 7 delegates on the course to make it viable. Courses will have a maximum of 15 delegates.
|Is the course delivered on Zoom?||
YES, the Zoom link will be sent to you along with the handbook in a pre-course email. This will be sent to you approximately 1 week prior to the course date.
|What happens if I find the course content too much?||
When you book a course with us it is important that you feel safe and able to explore mental health issues. The topics we explore can be emotive and we will support you if you need to take a short break in the live session.