Dragon Boat Race (Teams of 17)
Sunday 29th May 2022
Teams of 17
£350 to secure place + £850 minimum sponsorship
Only 2 left in stock
Dragon Boat Racing at Sherborne Castle Country Fair
Sunday 29th May 2022
After one of our favourite events was cancelled twice, we’re looking forward to returning in the summer.
We need you!! Are you a team of 17 and looking for a unique and fun activity to take part in?
Look no further as this is the perfect fundraiser for you. Enter your team today to start fundraising vital funds for Dorset Mind!
Here’s all you need to know…
Take to the waters of Sherborne Castle Lake and row a timed 250m course.
All participants will receive a fundraising pack, a Dorset Mind t-shirt to wear on the day and FREE admission to Sherborne Country Fair.
Each team will have 16 rowers and 1 drummer, who will row in an ancient Chinese-style Dragon boat. There’s a minimum of 3 races between 10:30am and 3:30pm. Finals take place at 4pm.
No previous experience is necessary; training will be given on the day and all equipment is provided.
Minimum age 12 (children aged from 12-16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult).
Teams of 17.
Cost: £350 to secure place + £850 minimum sponsorship
- When purchasing a team Dragon Boat Place in aid of Dorset Mind, you are committing as a team to fundraise a minimum of £850.
- Once you have purchased your place, you will be contacted by Dorset Mind with your fundraising pack, this will include information on how to set up your online giving page.
- Dorset Mind will send you a team sheet, you will need to return this no later than 1st April 2022
- 75% of your fundraising target must be met 6 weeks prior to the event date to guarentee your place.
- Tickets will be dispatched 3 weeks before the event giving you plenty of time to distribute them to your team members. If you’d like to arrange individual dispatch please do contact the team.
- On the day, please arrive promptly at the lake at 9:45am for training and race schedule. Races start at 10:30am.
- As always, please do contact the fundraising team at email@example.com or 07784301402 if you have any questions.