To let people in Dorset and further afield know about Dorset Mind’s mission and what the charity does. This includes its education and training programmes, and the wide range of support services we deliver across Dorset.
Being able to talk about the difference we can make to the lives of local people with mental health issues is key to this role. Young Ambassadors will work alongside the CYP Community Engagement and Projects Team Leader and Dorset Mind’s Marketing Team to help raise awareness both online and at various community events across Dorset.
It will also be their task to highlight areas of need in mental health support available for young people (11-25-years-old) living in Dorset and to help us design services to address these gaps.
To use their educational and professional networks to promote the work and services Dorset Mind do to encourage the community to become involved with our mission and/or to fundraise for us.
- Support the mission of Dorset Mind by:
- Raising awareness within general and specific communities about mental ill health. That is to say educating people about symptoms – what they are, what to expect and how to spot them. We also help people about what they can do when they experience symptoms or know someone who does.
- Challenging the stigma and inequality of mental ill health so that neither stigma nor inequality prevent people receiving information and support they need.
- Promoting the ethos of recovery from mental ill health by educating people about recovery.
- To become familiar with the services Dorset Mind provide (please note that all relevant information will be provided).
- To attend the YA monthly meeting (approx. 1 hour).
- To support with planning and attending various engagement and fundraising events across Dorset – explaining Dorset Mind’s mission and services as well as the impact they have.
For the full list of responsibilities, please read the role description below.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role and think you have what it takes, please complete the attached Application Form and Equality Monitoring Form and email it to: email@example.com. Alternately, please post this to: Volunteer Team, Dorset Mind, 8 Stratfield Saye, 20-22 Wellington Road, Bournemouth. BH8 8JN.