We’re looking for someone with lots of enthusiasm to help run our very busy events department.
You will support the events and fundraising team from within the office to help ensure that a supporter and/or donor’s experience with Dorset Mind is a good one. You will research and organise events for Dorset Mind and also externally organised events. You will prepare the display stand for external events. This includes organising marketing materials, amending the display board for each specific event and printing forms/flyers when needed.
This role will also include attending several events and letting people know about the work of Dorset Mind, including: support services, training, education and volunteering opportunities.
From time-to-time Dorset Mind organise our own events and you will be required to step in as and when needed to prepare, research & support the Events & Fundraising Coordinator to create successful and profitable opportunities.
You will also run our @teamdorsetmind Instagram account. From creating the content to scheduling and monitoring insights.
You’ll will gain extensive experience from our busy yet fun fundraising and marketing team where each day is different.
Full training will be given.
- Support the mission of Dorset Mind by:
- Raising awareness within general and specific communities about mental ill health. That is to say educating people about symptoms – what they are, what to expect and how to spot them. We also help people about what they can do when they experience symptoms or know someone who does.
- Challenging the stigma and inequality of mental ill health so that neither stigma nor inequality prevent people receiving information and support they need.
- Promoting the ethos of recovery from mental ill health by educating people about recovery.
- Attend as many events as possible and act as the Team Leader on the day, responsible for setting up, managing volunteers and public enquiries.
- Work as part of the Events & Fundraising team to promote the work and profile of Dorset Mind.
- Monitor the booklets and leaflets stock levels and reorder when low.
- Design and print information for the display board; these vary depending on the audience at each event.
- Pack relevant materials for each event
For the full list of responsibilities, please read the role description below.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role and think you have what it takes, please complete the attached Application Form and Equality Monitoring Form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, please post this to: Volunteer Team, Dorset Mind, 8 Stratfield Saye, 20-22 Wellington Road, Bournemouth. BH8 8JN.