To support in the co-ordination of the various services within the Children and Young People’s Team at Dorset Mind. Responsibilities include liaising with members of public that are interested in services, directing new participants to relevant services, managing mailboxes and updating participant records on databases.
The placement co-ordinator will also assist with the facilitation of our Young Ambassador programme, planning and attending community engagement events and delivering interventions (such as assemblies, workshops and support groups) alongside our CYP Practitioners.
Responsibilities also include working with the social media and marketing team to ensure that all Dorset Mind Your Head social media are kept up to date with relevant and engaging information.
- Support the mission of Dorset Mind by:
- Raising awareness within general and specific communities about mental ill health. That is to say educating people about symptoms – what they are, what to expect and how to spot them. We also help people about what they can do when they experience symptoms or know someone who does.
- Challenging the stigma and inequality of mental ill health so that neither stigma nor inequality prevent people receiving information and support they need.
- Promoting the ethos of recovery from mental ill health by educating people about recovery.
- Assist in coordinating services within Dorset Mind Your Head – those currently being: School Services, Support Groups, Counselling, Wellbeing Check-in and Young Ambassadors.
- With direction from the CYP Team Leaders, support our CYP practitioners to deliver interventions in schools, higher education, youth groups and any other relevant organisation.
- Attend and contribute to monthly Young Ambassador meetings.
- Assist in collecting and entering data related to all DMYH services.
- Respond to enquiries regarding the delivery of our services.
For the full list of responsibilities, please read the role description below.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role and think you have what it takes, please complete the attached Application Form and Equality Monitoring Form and email it to: email@example.com. Alternately, please post this to: Volunteer Team, Dorset Mind, 8 Stratfield Saye, 20-22 Wellington Road, Bournemouth. BH8 8JN.