To carry out a range of administrative and coordination work to support the rapidly growing and successful befriending service at Dorset Mind. Responsibilities may include (but are not limited too):
- Be responsible for a small caseload of matched participants and volunteers, where you will manage and supervise their wellbeing and paperwork related to their match.
- Completing assessments, monitoring forms, the skills of matching the suitability of participants and volunteers, monthly reviews and creating smooth endings.
- Creating and modifying documents using a range of computer applications
- Copying, scanning and compiling documents
- Data entry onto CRM system and spreadsheets
- Completing paperwork and updating electronic client files
- Support the mission of Dorset Mind by:
- Raising awareness within general and specific communities about mental ill health.
- Educating people about symptoms – what they are, what to expect and how to spot them. We also help people about what they can do when they experience symptoms or know someone who does.
- Challenging the stigma and inequality of mental ill health so that neither stigma nor inequality prevent people receiving information and support they need.
- Promoting the ethos of recovery from mental ill health by educating people about recovery
- Managing and supervising your own small caseload of matched participants and volunteers
- Creating and modifying documents using Microsoft applications such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Performing administrative duties including but not limited to photocopying, scanning, mailing and electronic filing
- Contacting befriending volunteers and participants as required to support the Coordinator to carry out assessments or complete monitoring forms
For the full list of responsibilities, please read the role description below.
If you are interested in this role and think you have what it takes, please complete the attached application form and monitoring form and email it to: email@example.com. Alternately, please post this to: Volunteer Administrator, Dorset Mind, 8 Stratfield Saye, 20-22 Wellington Road, Bournemouth. BH8 8JN.