The role is to support the Administrator and Team Leader within the team of Dorset Mind with administrative tasks relating to Volunteering service at Dorset Mind.
The role involves onboarding new applicants who wish to volunteer for Dorset Mind and working alongside the internal teams at Dorset Mind in their requirements around volunteers within their services.
- Support the mission of Dorset Mind by:
- Raising awareness within general and specific communities about mental ill health. That is to say educating people about symptoms – what they are, what to expect and how to spot them. We also help people about what they can do when they experience symptoms or know someone who does.
- Challenging the stigma and inequality of mental ill health so that neither stigma nor inequality prevent people receiving information and support they need.
- Promoting the ethos of recovery from mental ill health by educating people about recovery..
- Creating and modifying documents using Microsoft applications such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Performing administrative duties including but not limited to photocopying, scanning, mailing, and electronic filing.
- Monitor the Volunteer inbox and respond and follow up to emails. This also includes signposting where appropriate.
- Assist in the facilitation of the Onboarding and Exiting stage of a volunteer’s journey.
- Completing interviews with potential volunteers either face-to-face or via telephone.
For the full list of responsibilities, please read the role description below.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role and think you have what it takes, please complete the attached Application Form and Equality Monitoring Form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, please post this to: Volunteer Team, Dorset Mind, 8 Stratfield Saye, 20-22 Wellington Road, Bournemouth. BH8 8JN.