To support The GAP Project during lockdown by carrying out everyday tasks such as watering and weeding. We are looking for volunteers who live in walking distance of Louds Mill Allotments who would be happy to use their allotted daily hour of exercise to keep our plots up and running until the project is fully running again.
We ask that our volunteers follow the guidelines around social distancing, hand washing and cleaning of tools.
There is potential to join The GAP Project team in undertaking other roles once COVID 19 restrictions have been lifted. Our volunteers help to plan and maintain our plots as well as providing support and encouragement to our participants.
The service aims are:
- To encourage meaningful and purposeful activity and reduce stigma and social-isolation by enabling people to access peer-support.
- To be able to demonstrate a reduction in participants symptoms of distress and evidence increases in mental health and wellbeing.
- To evidence ecotherapy as a meaningful activity and one which is a helpful and therapeutic way of developing positive mental health.
- To build and strengthen self-esteem, confidence and resilience in a peer-support environment.
- To grow vegetables and flowers that can be used for local fresh food banks.
For the full list of responsibilities, please read the role description below.
If you are interested in this role and think you have what it takes, please complete the application form below and email it to email@example.com. Alternately, please post this to: Volunteering, Dorset Mind, 8 Stratfield Saye, 20-22 Wellington Road, Bournemouth. BH8 8JN.