To oversee the wellbeing of the volunteers at The GAP Project. The volunteers meet twice weekly so ideally the candidate would attend one session a fortnight and would liaise with the team to ensure the project is running smoothly and their wellbeing needs are being met.
Once a month the candidate would meet with the volunteers to review their wellness action plans and submit short monthly reviews and wellbeing scores.
The service aims are:
- To grow vegetables and flowers that can be used to benefit the community, which can eventually be sold for profit and used to sustain the project.
- To encourage meaningful and purposeful activity and reduce stigma and social-isolation by enabling people to access peer-support.
- To be able to demonstrate a reduction in participants symptoms of distress and evidence increases in mental health and wellbeing.
- To evidence ecotherapy as a meaningful activity and one which is a helpful and therapeutic way of developing positive mental health.
- To build and strengthen self-esteem, confidence and resilience in a peer-support environment
For the full list of responsibilities, please read the role description below.
If you are interested in this role and think you have what it takes, please complete the application form below and email it to email@example.com. Alternately, please post this to: Volunteering, Dorset Mind, 8 Stratfield Saye, 20-22 Wellington Road, Bournemouth. BH8 8JN.