The role will be to provide up to 6 brief, one-on-one, goal-focussed telephone or online support sessions to each individual on your caseload. A volunteer who commits to 4 hours per week will build up to a caseload of 3 individuals, with administration and weekly supervision taking up the rest of the time.
Active Monitoring is a kind of “guided self-help”, in which the sessions provide weekly listening support and offering written information about tried and tested self-management strategies to empower individuals to cope with common mental health problems. This is an early intervention service focussed on 7 common emotional difficulties; anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, feeling alone, grief and loss, managing anger, and stress.
This role is remote so you will be provided with all the tools to work from home and there is flexibility in the hours and days of the week.
Some of the Key Responsibilities:
- Support the mission of Dorset Mind by:
- Raising awareness about mental ill health. Bringing awareness of symptoms – what they are, what to expect, and how to spot them
- Challenging the stigma and inequality of mental ill health so that neither stigma nor inequality prevent people receiving information and support they need
- Promoting the ethos of recovery from mental ill health by educating people about recovery
- To be responsible for a caseload of Active Monitoring clients.
- To work with people to overcome early signs of mental health difficulty, for example, anxiety, depression, stress and panic.
- To signpost/ actively refer to other appropriate services.
- To follow the set Active Monitoring programme using the guided self- help model, including referring people to higher levels of intervention as required.
For the full list of responsibilities, please read the role description below.
If you are interested in this role and think you have what it takes, please complete the application form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, please post this to: Volunteer Administrator, Dorset Mind, 8 Stratfield Saye, 20-22 Wellington Road, Bournemouth. BH8 8JN.