To let people know about the work of Dorset Mind across Dorset (including: support services, training, education, partnership and volunteering opportunities). In addition, this will include signposting people towards appropriate help where required.
- Support the mission of Dorset Mind by:
- Raising awareness within general and specific communities about mental ill health. Educating people about symptoms – what they are, what to expect and how to spot them. We also help people about what they can do when they experience symptoms or know someone who does.
- Challenging the stigma and inequality of mental ill health so that neither stigma nor inequality prevent people receiving information and support they need.
- Promoting the ethos of recovery from mental ill health by educating people about recovery
- Work as part of the Events team to promote the work and profile of Dorset Mind.
- Talk knowledgeably about Dorset Mind and mental health to anyone visiting our stand at various events.
- Confidently signpost people to appropriate help.
- Distribute information leaflets when needed.
For the full list of responsibilities, please read the volunteer role description below.
How to Apply:
Please read the full volunteer role description below.
If you are interested in this role and think you have what it takes, please complete the attached application form and monitoring form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, please post this to: Volunteer Administrator, Dorset Mind, 8 Stratfield Saye, 20-22 Wellington Road, Bournemouth. BH8 8JN.