The Children and Young People Working Group is a proactive forum where your input and valued contributions could make a positive impact on the mental health and wellbeing of others.
The group will meet monthly to review our impact, shape and grow our services with a focus on community and participant need, and work together to ensure participant safety.
Our ambition is to create and maintain inclusive and diverse support that is participant focused. The voice and experiences of young people, participants, and volunteers is therefore essential in making this group a success.
This working group will be diverse and welcoming of people with lived experiences and individuals with an interest in mental health and wellbeing, who will work alongside Staff, the Leadership Team and Dorset Mind’s Trustees.
- Support the mission of Dorset Mind by:
- Raising awareness within general and specific communities about mental ill health. That is to say educating people about symptoms – what they are, what to expect and how to spot them. We also help people about what they can do when they experience symptoms or know someone who does.
- Challenging the stigma and inequality of mental ill health so that neither stigma nor inequality prevent people receiving information and support they need.
- Promoting the ethos of recovery from mental ill health by educating people about recovery
- Attend the CYP Working Group monthly meeting.
- To attend ad hoc volunteer meetings to hear the voice of other volunteers.
- To contribute to the growth and development of the Children and Young People Services.
- Explore gaps in provision.
- To engage in research, discussion and debate to help shape future potential.
For the full list of responsibilities, please read the role description below.
If you are interested in this role and think you have what it takes, please complete the attached Application Form and Equality Monitoring Form and email it to: email@example.com. Alternately, please post this to: Volunteer Administrator, Dorset Mind, 8 Stratfield Saye, 20-22 Wellington Road, Bournemouth. BH8 8JN.