To welcome and engage with young people attending the group and assist the group lead in running the activities and completing any necessary paperwork. This role will involve active listening, responding appropriately, and potentially signposting to alternative services and sources of support. Volunteers will lead activities, such as playing games, doing crafts, or psychoeducation activities, and will be expected to contribute to the session planning. A successful applicant will help the facilitator set up the room before each session and tidy away at the end of each session.
- Support the mission of Dorset Mind by:
- Raising awareness about mental ill health. Bringing awareness of symptoms – what they are, what to expect, and how to spot them
- Challenging the stigma and inequality of mental ill health so that neither stigma nor inequality prevent people receiving information and support they need
- Promoting the ethos of recovery from mental ill health by educating people about recovery
- Welcoming regular and new attendees to sessions and introducing new attendees to existing members
- Assisting the lead in creating a caring, supportive, and non-judgemental environment in which teens can feel comfortable enough to share their experiences
- To support young people in completing registration paperwork and any wellbeing/group satisfaction paperwork.
- To feedback any observations of the group participants that the group facilitator or co-facilitator may have not seen.
- To offer feedback on sessions as part of ongoing group evaluation.
- Listening and offering emotional support and encouragement in the group (note that counselling is not offered, and volunteers do not lone work or offer individual support outside the group setting)
- Recording who has attended each session
For the full list of responsibilities, please read the role description below.
If you are interested in this role and think you have what it takes, please complete the application form below and email it to email@example.com. Alternately, please post this to: Volunteer Administrator, Dorset Mind, 8 Stratfield Saye, 20-22 Wellington Road, Bournemouth. BH8 8JN.