To welcome and engage with teenagers attending the group (meet and greet) and working one to one with young people who need additional support. This role will involve active listening, responding appropriately and potentially signposting to alternative services and sources of support.
Volunteers will support in running activities, such as playing games, doing crafts, cooking, and might like to share their interests or hobbies.
A successful applicant will help the facilitator set up the room before each session and tidy away at the end of each session.
This group an independent group supported but not run by Dorset Mind.
Some of the Key Responsibilities:
- Welcoming regular and new attendees to sessions and introducing new attendees to existing members
- Supporting young people on a 1:1 basis to successfully access the group activities
- Assisting the lead in creating a caring, supportive, and non-judgemental environment in which teens can feel comfortable enough to share
- To support young people in completing registration paperwork and any wellbeing/group satisfaction paperwork.
- To feedback any observations on the group participants that the group facilitator or co-facilitator may have not seen.
- To offer feedback on sessions as part of ongoing group evaluation.
For the full list of responsibilities, please read the role description below.
If you are interested in this role and think you have what it takes, please complete the application form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, please post this to: Volunteer Administrator, Dorset Mind, 8 Stratfield Saye, 20-22 Wellington Road, Bournemouth. BH8 8JN.