To organise the weekly group sessions, support the activity lead in planning the weekly activities, and act as the safeguarding lead for the group; providing safeguarding advice and following safeguarding protocol when required to do so.
This will include supporting young people in accessing the weekly activities, listening to their needs, and adapting future activities accordingly. A successful applicant will help the facilitator set up the room before each session and tidy away at the end of each session.
This group an independent group supported but not run by Dorset Mind.
Some of the Key Responsibilities:
- Welcoming regular and new attendees to sessions and introducing new attendees to existing members
- Ensuring that the group has a strong safeguarding procedure in place and appropriately dealing with safeguarding concerns should they arise
- Overseeing the safe running of the weekly group and dealing with any health and safety issues
- Supporting the activity leader in planning and organising the weekly activities
- Delivering key information to parents and young people in person, over email, and through the group’s Facebook page
- Overseeing and supporting the running of the group activities
- Create a caring, supportive, and non-judgemental environment in which teens can feel comfortable enough to share
For the full list of responsibilities, please read the role description below.
If you are interested in this role and think you have what it takes, please complete the application form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, please post this to: Volunteer Administrator, Dorset Mind, 8 Stratfield Saye, 20-22 Wellington Road, Bournemouth. BH8 8JN.