To organise and lead weekly activities for a group of young people with ASD and anxiety. This will include helping to plan the activity in advance and leading the group in completing the activity.
This role will involve teaching and leading skills, organisation, listening to the young people’s needs and preferences, and adapting future activities accordingly. The activities may include playing games, doing crafts, cooking, and supporting young people in sharing their interests or hobbies.
A successful applicant will help the facilitator set up the room before each session and tidy away at the end of each session.
This group an independent group supported but not run by Dorset Mind.
Some of the Key Responsibilities:
- Planning and organising weekly activities for the group
- Leading and managing the running of these activities
- Create a caring, supportive, and non-judgemental environment in which teens can feel comfortable enough to share
- To support young people in completing registration paperwork and any wellbeing/group satisfaction paperwork.
- To feedback any observations on the group participants to other group organisers
For the full list of responsibilities, please read the role description below.
If you are interested in this role and think you have what it takes, please complete the application form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, please post this to: Volunteer Administrator, Dorset Mind, 8 Stratfield Saye, 20-22 Wellington Road, Bournemouth. BH8 8JN.