To let people in Dorset and further afield know about Dorset Mind’s mission and what the charity does. This includes its education and training programmes, and the wide range of support services we deliver across Dorset.
Ambassadors will work alongside the Volunteer Team Leader and the Income Generation and Marketing Manager to help raise awareness by speaking publicly online, or at various community or corporate events across Dorset.
Use their business and professional networks to promote the work and services Dorset Mind do to encourage the community to become involved with our mission and/or to fundraise and raise funds for us.
Being able to talk about the difference we can make to the lives of local people with mental health issues is key to this role.
- Support the mission of Dorset Mind by:
- Raising awareness within general and specific communities about mental ill health. That is to say educating people about symptoms – what they are, what to expect and how to spot them. We also help people about what they can do when they experience symptoms or know someone who does.
- Challenging the stigma and inequality of mental ill health so that neither stigma nor inequality prevent people receiving information and support they need.
- Promoting the ethos of recovery from mental ill health by educating people about recovery
- Become familiar with the services Dorset Mind provide (please note that all relevant information and speaker notes will be provided).
- Adapt and deliver talks / presentations to engage a wide range of community groups, companies and organisations – explaining Dorset Mind’s mission and services, the impact they have and the need to secure more funding to broaden the reach of these and new activities and services across Dorset.
- Relationship building – as Dorset Mind’s representative you will be building relationships with companies, organisations and individuals in the community as well as other volunteers and Ambassadors
For the full list of responsibilities, please read the role description below.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role and think you have what it takes, please complete the attached Application Form and Equality Monitoring Form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, please post this to: Volunteer Team, Dorset Mind, 8 Stratfield Saye, 20-22 Wellington Road, Bournemouth. BH8 8JN.