We are looking to recruit a volunteer to research key groups and organisations in Dorset to work with to further our mission of raising awareness, challenging stigma and promoting recovery in the field of mental health through education and training.
To also carry out a range of administrative work to support the work of our Training Team within Dorset Mind. These may include: creating and modifying documents using a range of computer applications, copying, scanning and compiling documents and compiling training resources.
- Support the mission of Dorset Mind by:
- Raising awareness within general and specific communities about mental ill health. That is to say educating people about symptoms – what they are, what to expect and how to spot them. We also help people about what they can do when they experience symptoms or know someone who does.
- Challenging the stigma and inequality of mental ill health so that neither stigma nor inequality prevent people receiving information and support they need.
- Promoting the ethos of recovery from mental ill health by educating people about recovery.
- Researching the area for potential contacts who might be interested in our work and in supporting us in a variety of different ways.
- To conduct market research and gather stakeholder feedback.
- Identifying and building support networks.
- Working closely with the Dorset Mind managers to share your research findings.
- Ensure that all collected data is recorded accurately.
- Creating and modifying documents using Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Access.
- Performing clerical duties including but not limited to photocopying, scanning, mailing and electronic filing.
For the full list of responsibilities, please read the role description below.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role and think you have what it takes, please complete the attached Application Form and Equality Monitoring Form and email it to: email@example.com. Alternately, please post this to: Volunteer Team, Dorset Mind, 8 Stratfield Saye, 20-22 Wellington Road, Bournemouth. BH8 8JN.