To carry out a range of administrative work to support the work of the Active Monitoring team. The team work alongside local GP surgeries and receive patients referred to them who may need support with their Mental Health and Wellbeing. In some cases, you will be the first point of contact the referrals will have with Dorset Mind.
- Support the mission of Dorset Mind by:
- Raising awareness within general and specific communities about mental ill health. That is to say educating people about symptoms – what they are, what to expect and how to spot them. We also help people about what they can do when they experience symptoms or know someone who does.
- Challenging the stigma and inequality of mental ill health so that neither stigma nor inequality prevent people receiving information and support they need.
- Promoting the ethos of recovery from mental ill health by educating people about recovery
- Speaking to patients by phone to establish suitability for active monitoring service, explaining what the service is and limitations
- Answering / making phone calls, as requested, and transferring calls if appropriate/needed
- Booking in appointments for the practitioner using a database system
- Creating and modifying documents using Microsoft applications such as Word, Outlook and Excel
- Photocopying, scanning, mailing and electronic filing
- Maintaining electronic filing systems correctly and up to date to comply with GDPR
- Abiding by Dorset Mind’s Confidentiality and Data Protection procedures when handling sensitive data
For the full list of responsibilities, please read the role description below.
If you are interested in this role and think you have what it takes, please complete the application form below and email it to email@example.com. Alternately, please post this to: Volunteer Administrator, Dorset Mind, 8 Stratfield Saye, 20-22 Wellington Road, Bournemouth. BH8 8JN.