Months of lockdown and loss have had a huge impact on our mental health and you are not alone if you are feeling low or anxious. At Dorset Mind’s Groups, you will be able to try sometime new and access support alongside people like yourself.
Group services aim to develop positive mental wellbeing and reduce social isolation.
Our experienced practitioners are here to listen, facilitate peer discussions and to support you without judgement. Group sessions will introduce you to techniques to improve mental wellbeing and self-esteem.
Reasons for joining Groups include:
- Group services are easy to access with NO referrals required.
- There are NO long waiting times – you can simply turn up at face to face groups or email to register for online groups.
- Most of our Group services are NOT time-bound meaning you can access support at your own pace.
“Dorset Mind brought me out of a large dark hole…”
Group participant, July 2021
Who can access Groups?
- Are you over 18 years old?
- Have you been struggling with your mental health or feeling stressed, anxious or depressed?
- Do you live in Dorset?
- Would you like to access support in an inclusive and nurturing group setting?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to the questions above, Groups may be the right support for you. NO referrals are needed and you can simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Benefits of Group support
There are many benefits from accessing support alongside other people with similar experiences.
Groups can offer:
- help to understand and share your emotions, thoughts, and feelings
- awareness and understanding around common mental health problems
- an opportunity to learn from other group members’ experiences or to use your own experiences to help others
- a safe and compassionate space to have open conversations about mental health
- tools and techniques on developing positive wellbeing and self-esteem
How to join Groups?
Email email@example.com to register your interest or to request a call back.
We know it can sometimes be a little daunting to attend your first session. Our facilitators are happy to speak with you before you attend to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have. You are also welcome to bring a befriender or a support worker to your first few sessions.
*There is a suggested donation of £3 – without donations we are unable to deliver services such as these.
We have created an online programme of Groups as our delivery of support is currently limited by government restrictions. Please also check our individual Group pages for more information about the different Group services.
There are a variety of sessions a week to choose from.
Please see the Groups timetable below:
|MONDAY||Active in Mind |
|Every Monday||2 - 4pm|
|TUESDAY||Wellbeing Verwood||Tuesday Fortnightly (see page for details)||7 - 9pm|
|WEDNESDAY||Wellbeing Bournemouth||Wednesday Fortnightly (see page for details)||10.30am - 12.30pm|
|WEDNESDAY||MindOut LGBTQI+ Dorset-wide||Group currently paused||Group currently paused|
|THURSDAY||Women in Mind Bournemouth||Every Thursday||10am - 12pm|
|THURSDAY||MindOut Bournemouth LGBTQ+||Every Thursday||2 - 4pm|
|THURSDAY||Active in Mind Dorset-wide||Every Thursday on Zoom platform||2 - 4pm |
We have had great feedback from the groups delivered online and we’re really excited to see you there.
Please see below for the types of groups we offer: