This workshop will give people that work in sport and physical activity confidence to support people with mental health problems to be more active. It’s designed specifically for coaches, volunteers, sport administrators and front-of-house staff.
It has been developed with UK Coaching, and includes input from people living with mental health problems and colleagues working in sport and physical activity sectors.
This practical three-hour workshop will help you:
- Understand common misconceptions about mental health and the impact of stigma and discrimination
- Identify the positive impact that being active has on physical and mental health
- Appreciate the barriers that stop people getting active
- Talk confidently about mental health
- Know where to signpost people to if they need support
- Identify practical actions to make your service more accessible for everyone
MHASPA was independently evaluated by a team of researchers from Loughborough University in 2017.
Their findings show that:
- 81% of respondents agreed or strongly agreed that their knowledge of mental health had improved following the training. This was maintained at the six month follow up (83%).
- 84% of respondents agreed their attitude to mental health has changed. 81% reported they had used the knowledge from the training course.
How to book the course
- No prior knowledge of mental health is necessary
- We can deliver the course at the location of your choice – or at Dorset Mind HQ
- Up to 20 delegates can attend
- All CIMSPA-registered delegates who complete the workshop will be eligible for 3 CPD points.
If you are interested in this course and would like to find out more, please email Nicola at email@example.com
Organisations with representatives who have completed the training:
- AFC Chesil
- Bournemouth BMX Club
- Bournemouth Rugby Club
- Dorchester Town Youth FC
- Dorset Race Equality Council
- Dorset County FA
- East Dorset Rugby Club
- E-Motion Fitness Hub
- Gillingham Town Football Club
- Hengistbury Head Outdoor Education Centre
- Longfleet FC
- Muddy Runners Poole
- Parley FC
- Pink Champagne Breast Cancer Survivors Dragon Boat Team
- Portland Town United FC