A range of specialist support
We understand how hard this time has been for us all. Months of lockdown and loss have had a huge impact on people’s mental health.
Support from a ‘stranger’ can sometimes be easier than talking to your family or friends. Which is why we deliver a range of individual support, specifically for your needs. Our expert facilitators and volunteer befrienders are non-judgemental, empathic and compassionate. They will create a safe and confidential space in which to support you.
We provide the following types of support:
- Active Monitoring – A series of six one-to-one sessions with our experienced practitioners who will help support you to improve your wellbeing. The sessions focus on pathways for anxiety and panic attacks; depression; stress; anger; loneliness; and grief and loss. The service is currently available in Bournemouth and Poole. Visit the service page for more details.
- Befriending – We match you with one of our friendly, trained volunteers who will provide one-to-one support in the community and help you work towards goals that will increase your confidence and self-esteem. Visit the service page for more information and email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Counselling – Access professional support from our team of counsellors. They will help you address and come to terms with underlying mental health issues and support you towards recovery. Visit the service page for more information and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Mentoring – We currently offer this for our Eating Disorder clients only, access is via email: email@example.com.
We are here to listen, to support and to help you.
If you are interested in hearing more about one-to-one support or are not sure which service is right for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help you take steps to start getting support for better mental health.
Benefits of one-to-one support
Here are the benefits of this kind of support:
- One-to-one support can be provided via telephone, online or face-to-face where possible. Our services are easy to access.
- Specialised support gives you the opportunity to explore goals and aspirations. It can help you aim to achieve these one day at a time.
- They all have a shared aim – to help you build confidence and open up possibilities for further engagement if you wish.
Please see below for more information about the types of support we offer: