A range of specialist support
We understand how hard this time has been for us all. Months of lockdown and loss have had a huge impact on people’s mental health.
Support from a ‘stranger’ can sometimes be easier than talking to your family or friends. Which is why we deliver a range of individual support, specifically for your needs. Our expert facilitators and volunteer befrienders are non-judgemental, empathic and compassionate. They will create a safe and confidential space in which to support you.
We provide the following types of support:
- Active Monitoring – A series of six one-to-one sessions with our experienced practitioners who will help support you to improve your wellbeing. The sessions focus on pathways for anxiety and panic attacks; depression; stress; anger; loneliness; and grief and loss. This is currently delivered in Poole, and Weymouth & Portland.
- Befriending – We match you with one of our friendly, trained volunteers who will provide one-to-one support in the community and help you work towards goals that will increase your confidence and self-esteem.
- Counselling – Access professional support from our team of counsellors. They will help you address and come to terms with underlying mental health issues and support you towards recovery.
- Mentoring – We currently offer this for our Eating Disorder clients only, access is via email: email@example.com.
We are here to listen, to support and to help you.
If you are interested in one-to-one support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you take steps to start getting support for better mental health.
Benefits of one-to-one support
Here are the benefits of this kind of support:
- One-to-one support can be provided via telephone, online or face-to-face where possible. Our services are easy to access.
- Specialised support gives you the opportunity to explore goals and aspirations. It can help you aim to achieve these one day at a time.
- They all have a shared aim – to help you build confidence and open up possibilities for further engagement if you wish.
Please see below for more information about the types of support we offer: