** FREE Wills Month – for March only! **
Make or update your will FOR FREE…
Dorset Mind is working with National Mind to bring you an opportunity in March to make or update a simple will FREE of charge. This offer is available to anyone that lives in Dorset.*
It’s so important to have a valid and up-to-date will. It’s the only way you can ensure your loved ones are cared for and your lasting wishes are honoured.
While we hope you consider a gift to Dorset Mind or National Mind, there is no obligation.
How to take up this offer:
*Appointments will be face-to-face with solicitors in the following postcodes –
Broadstone: BH18 8AX,
Christchurch: BH23 1QL, BH23 5EG
Ferndown: BH22 9AG, BH22 0JB
Poole: BH15 2PG, BH17 7AG, BH13 7LP
Bournemouth: BH2 5QT, BH4 8DT, BH5 1DD
Wimborne: BH21 1HN, BH21 1PA
Alternatively, please call Marie on 01202 091183 xt.3.
What we do and why you should leave us a gift…
Dorset Mind is a self-funded local charity that helps people in Dorset experiencing mental health problems access the vital support they need. The charity is at the very heart of our communities shaping futures, changing and in some cases literally saving lives. There are approximately 132,000 residents of Dorset currently diagnosed with a mental health condition. And 44% of young people surveyed across the county recently felt they need more help with their mental health.
And worryingly, this number is predicted to continue rising.
Dorset Mind is determined to support everyone facing the challenge of poor mental health. We offer high quality education and support options; and empower people to recovery – but we need your help to continue to do so.
By remembering Dorset Mind with a gift in your will, you can help people facing mental health challenges and empower them towards transforming their own lives.
Your gift is so important. Because by knowing your intentions we can plan ahead confidently and develop support for future generations.
Your will is a personal matter and taking care of those closest to you will naturally be your priority. However, many of us also choose to support causes and charities that are important to us.
We hope you will consider supporting Dorset Mind. A gift in your will, large or small, will help enable us to support people in our local communities.
Why choose Dorset Mind…
- Although we are a local affiliate of national Mind, we are an independent registered charity. We’re responsible for our income. So, please rest assured, your donation will go directly to benefit people who live in Dorset.
- Dorset Mind was established in 1946. We have provided sustainable mental health services for people of all ages for over 70 years. Our longevity will ensure your gift will help to provide support for many years to come.
- We support a diverse range of communities countywide, comprising people of all ages, genders and backgrounds. Your donation will help people in Dorset that need support with their mental health challenges.
- We are the fastest growing local Mind in the South England. Your gift will ensure that we can continue to evolve and expand to meet a growing demand across the county.
- £500 could provide 20 counselling sessions for children with a mental health condition.
- £1,000 could enable us to help two adults struggling with isolation by training and supporting a one-to-one befriender for a year.
- £2,000 could help up to 30 adults by providing a monthly support group for anyone wanting to improve their wellbeing for one year.
- £5,000 could enable us to deliver a holistic education and support programme for an entire school of students, parents and teachers (approx. 2,500 people) for twelve months.
- £10,000 could help up to 100 people by providing a social prescription service such as an ecotherapy gardening group for one year.
What to do next…
The Law Society offers a comprehensive overview on how to make a will and can help you find a local solicitor – just click on the link.
As a reminder, our charity number is 1108168 – you will need this number when making us a gift in your will.
Thank you for considering supporting us.