We’re looking for Dorset’s most adorable pooches to feature in our 2023 calendar.
Dorset Mind are busy creating our VERY-FIRST Dogs of Dorset calendar for 2023!
We’re looking for photos of dogs of all shapes and sizes set in a Dorset landscape. If you are one of the 12 winners, your photo will feature in our 2023 calendar with all profits to Dorset Mind.
Photos must be good quality to print. Please email your photo to email@example.com with your name, your dogs name, location of photo and your address.
Entries into our ‘Dogs of Dorset 2023’ competition will close on 31st August 2022. Winners will be notified by 30th September 2022.
By entering, you are confirming that you agree with the competition’s T’s & C’s below and provide consent for the photograph(s) to be used in our calendar.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is to have your photograph(s) featured in a Dorset Mind calendar for 2023 (the “Competition” and the “Calendar” respectively).
- Individual entrants are responsible for ensuring that they have read, understood and abided by these terms and conditions before submitting their photographs.
- Any entry found not to comply with these terms is liable to be disqualified.
- The submissions for this competition are referred to in these terms as “photos”, “images”, “submissions” and/or “entries”.
- The Organiser of the Competition is Dorset Mind.
- The Competition is free to enter. Entrants must not be professional photographers. For the purposes of this Competition, a professional photographer will be considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from photography-related work.
- Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of their entries, or won or been runner-up in any other photographic competition with any of their entries.
- At the time of submission, entrants must declare to the Organiser if they have entered their images in any other photographic competition. Such submissions may be rejected for entry into this Competition at the Judges’ discretion.
Photograph submission requirements
- The closing date for submissions is midnight on the 31st August 2022.
- Physical copy photographs will not be accepted.
- Electronic copy photographs should be submitted as high resolution (300 dpi) as JPEG files no larger than 10 MB. Files larger than this size may be rejected by our email server.
- When providing your photograph, please provide your name, your dogs name, location of photo and your address.
Subject and ethics
- Please do not include any identifiable individuals in your photographs.
- Please do not do anything to injure or distress animals or to damage the environment in taking your photographs.
- In submitting your photographs you declare that the images comply with these terms and that the picture provided is complete, true and accurate.
Judging, winners, notification and contact
- The Organiser will appoint Judges to choose the winning entries. The Organiser’s decision on all matters relating to the Competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the judging and organisation of the Competition.
- The winners will be notified no later than 30th September 2022.
- The prize for the winners of the Competition is for their photograph to be included in the Calendar. There is no substitute prize available, financial reward or cash alternative.
Copyright and Reproduction
- You must own the whole copyright of all photographs submitted to the Competition.
- Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit. By entering the Competition entrants grant the Organisers a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, and publish images entered into the Competition for the purposes of: a) publishing in the Calendar (b) publicising and promoting the Competition, c) the Organisers’ activities, including within their publications, website and social media channels. Contact the Organisers at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about use of images.
- No fees will be payable for any of the above uses. While we make every effort to credit photographers, including in printed reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee this.
- Third parties will not be granted permission to use images for other purposes without express permission from the photographer.
- The Organisers reserves the right to cancel the Competition or alter the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control. Any breach of these terms by an entrant will void their entry. The Organisers reserve the right to remove a winner’s entry from the Calendar if, at a later date, the entrant has been discovered to be in breach of these terms.