‘Dorset Mind Works’ workplace mental health
At least one in six workers experiences common mental health problems, including anxiety and depression. Mind’s latest research shows that work is the biggest cause of stress in people’s lives, more so than debt or financial problems.
Not only that, stress can stop people performing at their best.
Dorset Mind Trustees agree with Mind that open and supportive workplaces benefit everyone – employees, employers and the bottom line.
‘Dorset Mind Works’
Because of this view, and in conjunction with the work carried out by Mind, Dorset Mind has developed ‘Dorset Mind Works.’ This is a new whole-workplace campaign to support employers and employees with their mental health.
First up, Dorset Mind can help organisations undertake a mental health check by carrying out Mind’s Workplace Wellbeing Index. We can help you to find out where you’re doing doing well and where you could make improvements to employee wellbeing.
‘Dorset Mind Works’ is a programme that works with companies to do three important things;
Firstly – To normalise conversations about emotions and mental health.
- This will be achieved through an organisation-wide poster, social media and communications campaign. It encourages employees to talk openly, freely and regularly about their mental health.
- It explains good mental health and describes when normal mental distress can develop into a mental health problem. The campaign will make sure people know when to take action.
Secondly – To deliver education programmes.
These programmes educate workers, managers and HR departments about good mental health and how to stay mentally healthy. And above all, they educate everyone in the workplace how to spot a mental health problem. If this occurs, the programme will teach them how to start a conversation and seek help if problems arise.
Finally – To provide support options designed to address the mental health difficulties of employees.
These could include:
- Counselling for those who cannot access this service at work; and
- Drop-in group support sessions in the workplace where people can meet and support each other within a guided discussion environment.
- Mindfulness classes
You Win and We Win
Dorset Mind will work with your company to calculate a charge for implementing ‘Dorset Mind Works’ depending on your needs.
But.. and we think this is a win-win… not only does the money go towards supporting you, but it also goes towards running our support services in the community. These include:
- Education and support for young people with mental health difficulties
- Support groups for people struggling with common mental health challenges like anxiety, depression and mild-to-moderate mental health illness
- Information and signposting support by telephone and online
- Befriending; 1-2-1 support for people who are particularly isolated
What could be better than a mutually beneficial partnership?
Pilot Sites – how to join…
This is a new programme. And because it is, Dorset Mind is seeking 3 organisations to work in partnership and benefit from this scheme.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in becoming a pilot site.
You will receive the programme at a reduced rate as well as all the media exposure that comes from being one of the first!