This is going to be the first meeting for the new Dorset Mental Health Alliance. The purpose of this is to bring together organisations, people, charities, clubs or associations who all have an interest in mental health.
What are the aims of the Mental Health Alliance?
There are a number of aims for this alliance. These are to:
- Share knowledge and experiences so that we are all well informed as possible
- Join forces in campaigning for better support for people with mental health difficulties
- Explore potential for working together withing formal or informal partnerships
- Jointly talk with decision makers about the commissioning, delivery and scrutiny of statutory mental health services. And, in particular, the plans to implement the Five Year Forward View, Suicide Prevention Plans and the outcomes of the Acute Mental Health Pathway Review
- Support Mental Health Champions who work with Health and Wellbeing Boards
From January 2018 Dorset Mind are setting up a new Dorset Mental Health Alliance.
How you can get involved
We would like to invite you to our first meeting and to ask if you would consider becoming a member of the Alliance.
At this first meeting we will make introductions and discuss the future Terms of Reference of the group. We will confirm meeting frequency, venue and style of meetings.