The Fun Swim – for all the family
Dorchester Lions and 1610 Dorchester Sports Centre have jointly organised the Lions Fun Swim. To celebrate the start of 2017 and the Centennial year of Lions International, the annual Lions Swimarathon has been given a new name and venue.
The Lions Fun Swim takes place on Saturday 28th January and Sunday 29th January from 9.30am to 5.30pm at the Dorchester Sports Centre. The event is a great opportunity for familys, groups and swimmers of all ages and abilities to get in the pool and raise money for Dorset Mind.
Swim Challenges – and entry forms
There are a brilliant range of fun swim challenges to suit all age groups and abilities.
- All entrants must complete a registration form, see here. You are also able to register on the day of the event.
- Each Team Member or Entrant must complete a Sponsorship Form – the minimum sponsorship is £5.
For more details of the Lions Fun Swim, please click here.
Extra activities and entertainment…
There will also be a host of FREE activities taking place alongside the swim at the leisure centre that includes:
- A family Fun Swim
- Mini class tasters and demos
- Great Turbo Paddlers and Aqua Gliders
- Competitions, prizes, and giveaways
- Frozen / Marvel Workshop
- Tours of the sports centre – including the new 1610 fitness suite
- Refreshments (hot dogs, jacket potatoes etc)
Lions Club International
To find out more about Lions Club International here. Founded in 1917, they are an international organization that aims to meet the needs of communities on a local and global scale.