What is the aim of the Mental Health Alliance?
The purpose of the Dorset Mental Health Alliance is to bring together organisations, people, charities, clubs or associations who all have in interest in Mental Health to:
- Share knowledge and experiences so that we are all as well informed as possible
- Join forces in campaigning for better support for people with mental health difficulties
- Explore potential for working together within formal or informal partnerships
- Jointly talk with decisions makers about the commissioning, delivery and scrutiny of statutory mental health services. And, in particular, the plans to implement the Five Year Forward View, Suicide Prevention Plan (there currently is NO prevention plan for Dorset) and the outcomes of the Acute Mental Health Pathway Review
- Support Mental Health Champions who work with Health and Wellbeing Boards
How you can get involved
We would like to invite you to our first meeting and to ask if you would consider becoming a member of the Alliance.
At this first meeting we will make introductions and discuss the future Terms of Reference of the group. We will confirm meeting frequency, venue and style of meetings.